Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Our day was pretty quiet and a little melancholy-this was the first year we didn't spend it with any family but the 4 of us. My parents moved to Arizona this fall and for the first time since I was in college we do not live in the same town. I know this has been a luxury-I know all of my blogger friends don't live by their parents and haven't for a long time, but for this first holiday of many without them it was a little sad. "A"misses them alot, especially his papa-he included them in both our Thanksgiving and his nightime prayer.

So here it is a Thanksgiving post, there are no words to express how much we have to be thankful for and the list is too long to write. Each day is a day to give thanks.

3 comments:

Karen said...

I get it, Cher. Had a melancholy Thanksgiving myself--the kind where you're so so thankful but also pretty darn sad.

cherk said...

I know, I was thinking about you and your family ALOT

Chris said...

Cher, I didn't know the finally made good on the promise to move. I'm sorry. Could you use some of your flyer miles to go to Arizona instead of Chicago? Or is it destination specific? The holidays are hard when you don't have all the family you want around you.