Friday, November 28, 2008

The Christmas Frenzy part II

Sooooooo Thanksgiving is officially over and the Christmas Frenzy that is ME is on. I am going out on a limb this year, as I wrote before my x-mas tree is a critical part of me-really like a body part-I kid you not. My family knows I drag out all the "stuff" to put on it, and they also know they can look but not touch-I am the sole decorator. I do have a small tree that the boys decorate however they want with ornaments they have made over the years BUT not THE tree. So as I contemplated getting the tree next weekend I nagging memory came back to me.

When I was little my mom was a Christmas freak like me. SHE was the only one who decorated the tree and I remember year after year she would drag out the stuff and among the ornaments were some pretty blue ones. I loved them and I always asked to put them on the tree. Each year the answer was the same, "No the tree is red and gold and the blue balls are for the dish on the coffee table". This was never in a mean way and we did tons of other x-mas fun together but it drove me crazy, just one year couldn't the tree be BLUE? Where is this going you ask? Well as I was shopping with Suree this morning I saw blue bulbs-Blue-Q's favorite color and he always wants blue ornaments to put on the tree. I looked, I contemplated, I agonized-I don't do BLUE very well-probably my least favorite color now-but I got them and I got green-A's favorite color, and I promised myself somehow I would make these two colors work and challenge my creative side. We will see.....

5 comments:

Karen said...

So proud of you, Cher. I love to see you coming out of your Nazi box!!

Take pics of the tree for us, please.

Chris said...

My tree has a blue and white theme going on that I have been working on for the last couple of years. I love it, but I am starting to long for a little color. Maybe I'll introduce green. I think that it is so ironic that your son now wants you to put the blue balls (no pun intended) on the tree. Glad you are open enough to entertain the idea.

carey said...

He he. Timely. Last night Josh helped me decorate the house and I have red and green little mini ornaments hanging from every cupboard handle in the kitchen. He thinks it's beautiful, and I decided to go with it. I'm proud of you, your kids will remember this. And you can always tuck those green and blue balls in the back...

bobbione8y said...

oh, that would be SO HARD for me. but green and blue is probably very nice :)

cherk said...

You guys are so supportive, I have tried tucking the blue and green in the back before, doesn't work:) I just love my rustic, gold/bronze/brown tree with a splash of cranberry and orange that is so ME.
MUST LET GO......I can't help but think of green and blue and the tune of "Under the Sea" comes to mind...