Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Why homeschooling would not work for me


My reward for completing some homework is a quick blog before bed.


So older son brings home a worksheet on Mt. Rushmore for homework. The last question is "Who do you think should be the next president on Mt. Rushmore?". Elder son is lost as to a names, (you can tell we don't talk a lot of politics over here) and mentions one that hunts would be good (yeah, don't even ask). So I SAY "Well what about the president who developed all the National Parks and was a big outdoor guy, you know Teddy Roosevelt?"


Elder son looks at me with this LOOK and says-

"Mom, he is already up there"

Oh....yeah, I knew that.


I saved myself though, we looked up Franklin Roosevelt and discussed World War II and the Great Depression.


A little redemption...

5 comments:

bobbione8y said...

well, at least your idea was a pretty good one :)

ha. this just is classically funny, how many parents try to teach their kids and end up going back to school themselves!

Karen said...

Ha! I get schooled all the time, whether home schooling or not! The older they get, the harder it is to make things up (and have them believe it).

carey said...

i totally busted up on this one. i hate it when my kids bust me for not being historically,geographically, politically or mathematically on top of things.

that really doesn't leave much, does it?

Karen said...

I remember when E was little and we still lived in the Springs. I would make up some answer to some question and get the LOOK from Chris (like, how can you lie to your child like that?), and I would say, hey, someday he'll go to school and they'll straighten him out.

Chris said...

Look, what look?;) I laughed out l;oud on that one Cher, nice!