Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Stamina or Lack of

Stamina: resilient energy and strength: enduring physical or mental energy and strength that allows somebody to do something for a long time

I am running low on this, very low. I am sitting here thinking how the heck am I going to make it through the next 3 weeks. The numerous things that keep being added to the to-do list, both fun and not so fun. Work to-do's and not work to-dos. The mental energy to close the year out for 570 kids and 60 staff members is weighing heavily, because really when the sun shines I just want to go home and play and do NOTHING. NOTHING.

The idea of riding a 35 mile ride this Saturday as part of the "training schedule" for Rag Brai weighs heavily. I get exhausted just thinking about it. Oh and then on Sunday to turn around and do 25 makes me feel a little overwhelmed and think what the heck was I thinking. Really? Oh I know, I was thinking I could wing it. Well now I know not so much.

Already thinking of NEXT year. Next year and how can I be even better, and make everyone else better and hoping, hoping, hoping that all the changes I asked teachers to make this year show some results. We all need results or feel like the work was for nothing. It is hard to ask people to "jump" off a bridge with you based on trust and nothing else and then the look down and think "well that did no good". I hope that doesn't happen, I really do.

I keep thinking why in the world I can't comment on Bobbi's board consistently. I feel like an unresponsive follower, trust me Bobbi, I read EVERYTHING and post when blogger doesn't save my comments in some deep dark hole until you find them and approve them.

So there it is I need to find some stamina, some energy and strength to get through the next 3 weeks before I bite someones head off, drink too much wine, or eat too much food. Well ok a good principal friend said May doesn't actually count. Every day is wine Wednesday and some things just have to be let go. Maybe that will help.

2 comments:

carey said...

if nothing else, all those miles o a bike will give you time to clear your head and relax. you can do it, just think in increments of 10 and it's not so bad.

bobbione8y said...

okay! as i was reading this i was thinking 'well, it's May. that is totally different.'

i guess i have something in common with your principal friend!! you will survive May!!! and yes, you do make a difference. i don't even have to BE anywhere near you to know THAT.

:)