Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Blooming

Well here I am "feeding" you again. Not avoiding homework, just feel like writing, sometimes that happens as well. Especially when has had a particularly hard day or HOUR.
Being a teen is hard, being the parent of a teen is harder. Being the parent of a teen when you both have a high emotional response tendancy is downright painful. I won't go in to details but AFTER the tirade and crying and emotional responding, by the way all done by me. Small Fry comes to me here is what he says:
Mom, here is how I see it, Big Fry is just having a hard time right now, he is like, like a flower, but not blooming yet. Like there is something really pretty deep down in there. I  KNOW there is niceness deep inside him, like when he was younger and really nice to me. He is just a little lost trying to be a ma, like in a maze and just has to find the way out it, really mom. I KNOW this. Just don't hate him, he thinks we all hate him, give him a chance"

Oh Small Fry just what I needed

2 comments:

carey said...

i am catching up on your blogs, my friend. LOVE the karl stories and i love this post, too. man, look at all those fish! my boys, especially little j, would be in heaven.

i am thinking you and the boys need to come visit me and my boys. oh, the fun we would have!

cherk said...

They would have a blast, I am trying to convince hubby that a fall hunting trip would be fun!