Monday, November 1, 2010

Scientist turned writer?

Maybe...here is what scientific big fry wrote for his family metaphor poem:

Books on a Shelf
My family lives inside a library:
My dad is like a history book that holds all the records. He keeps everything on track so things don't become exaggerated.
My mom is like a fantasy book. Like a painter out in the open painting a grassy green meadow and always creates happy endings.
Quinn is an adventure book. He goes wandering off into the big blue ocean. He is constantly swimming underneath the waves.
I am a non-fiction book that shares all the true and interesting facts of our family.

*sniff and smile

5 comments:

carey said...

wow. i think i would frame this one. he's GOOD. and deep. and i love the part about quinn--so visual. he better have gotten an A+ on this one. it's dynamite.

Karen said...

WOW! That kid is amazing! I would have bawled, Cher! That was really, really good.

bobbione8y said...

what a great assignment. i bet for sure he is on top of that one...he is DEEP.

cherk said...

Carey-He is DEEP, but may not get the A, it was unfortunately late:)

Karen-close but also laughing, his first attempt with me as a fantasy book read something like-"mom is a fantasy book because she never gets her own way" I guess this related to a new car discussion hubby and I have been having for awhile.

Bobbi-it was-as a teacher I love meaningful work

Chris said...

Man, and I was loving what he said about you in the poem. I am very impressed by what he wrote, brilliant!