Monday, November 8, 2010

Today's verification word is crudd

How appropriate-not that the day started that way. We went to big fry's conferences they were all good. Middle school teachers either A) Don't think my child has quirks because all tweeners have quirks, B)Don't care about son's quirks as previous teacher's did, because they have too may flippin kids, or C) Don't sweat the small stuff if the grades are good. I think it is a combo of A and C. We come home feeling pretty good. Elder son is loaded with his "future" work to finish so he won't be behind after our trip (did I mention we will be in Mexico soon? I think I have once or twice). The only downside is the first 3 assignments for the new quarter for two teachers are F's because "AHEM" they are not handed in AND he has to look at the teacher and ask "What was that again?". I will admit the good grades of the first nine weeks lulled us into complacency. We hadn't been checking the planner as diligently as we were and the online homework help didn't show anything. So he missed 3 things due last Friday, WHICH we then had to cram tonight-on top of a science test he can take early tomorrow. Needless to say we didn't touch the "future" work. AND someone had a not very nice adult hissy fit about said child's rude tone and following comments-the parenthesis comments are the ones I wanted to say and didn't:
"You are invading my privacy, I don't need to show you my work!" (After gaining 40+ lbs to bear you, you have no privacy)
"I only have one headphone in, I can still hear you and do my homework-and I bought it with my money" (Sorry buddy at this point there is no money you get that is yours)
"Fine, don't help me then, I will just get an F and go to summer school" (If my ego could take it I would)
I am going to chalk up his mood to A)Hormones, B) the time change and/or C) short timer syndrome before our trip
I need to think more like a middle school teacher-if most of it is good don't sweat the small stuff ,and some of the ego has gotta go. Sometimes they gotta fall flat on their face to know how to get the heck up.

2 comments:

bobbione8y said...

wow. I need to think like a middle school teacher, too.


PS! have a FUN trip! woo hoo!!!

Karen said...

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

It's all so dang HARD, isn't it?

Have SO. MUCH. FUN!!!