Sunday, November 21, 2010

The letter

I received a letter the other day from a "frequent flyer friend" (those kids I tend to see a little too often in the office if you know what I mean). I had written her a note, about 4 sentences, telling her what a great year she was having etc. I had been wanting to do it for awhile and finally had made the time. I recieved this (down below) the next day-hand delivered with a big hug. The teacher told me it would have been a day earlier but she had asked the teacher to proofread it so it could be perfect:

Dear Mrs. Daniel
Thank you for writing me a letter I really appreciate you doing that. That was nice of you and you are right I am working hard, being respectful, working better in my classroom. Everywhere I go but on 11-18-10 I was in in gym playing soccer. Manney evidently kicked me because he was trying to get the soccer ball. I have a question for you. How are you these days? I hope you are having lots of fun and I hope you are happy for me because I haven't been in your office this year excpet for the Ashly thing. I hope you are having good days. By Mrs. Daniel again have a nice day.
Sincerly
MC

You know what MC-Today was an AWESOME DAY and I am happier for you more than you will ever know!

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

oh man! as someone still wondering about how the heck to TEACH, it's amazing to see how encouragement is never a bad place to start :))

you are awesome.

carey said...

you will never know exactly what your note did for that girl. it could be way more than you expect. way to go.

sometimes, the boys' principal has kids come eat lunch with her, and it is a major honor. i have always admired her for that. i bet you two would really like each other.

Karen said...

I just knew that you had the perfect heart for this job! No matter what else happens in that girl's life, she will always have that bit of encouragement from you. I wish all kids had a Mrs. Daniel.

:-)

PS The "Ashley incident" cracked me up.