Thursday, March 11, 2010

tidbits

Estimated time of basement finish-next week and then just finishing touches. Carpet came today, furniture delivery next Tuesday, hopefully top of fireplace soon. So far I am in love with it. Just want to lay down on the cow rug and revel in it

Big fry comes home from a late day orchestra practice, runs into the kitchen says, "I need to eat fast, I have a take home quiz and want to get right to it". He eats, grabs the backpack, starts searching, and searching, and unzipping more zippers. I see the look, the look that says the paper isn't there. I tell him I am proud and really appreciate that he was excited to get to it (the last take home quiz we didn't remember until a late Sunday night-LATE).

Being the non hoverer I am we don't dwell, he is bummed-message delivered-take your time packing up your stuff. BUT In the back of my mind I think hmmmmm is there a window unlocked in that building somewhere? Or maybe the janitor would let me in? Or maybe I call my principal friend and she lets me in...

3 comments:

Karen said...

Good job, good job, good job!!!

I would have marched his butt back there myself. Or called the principal. You did well!

You know, really, so did he. :-)

bobbione8y said...

oh - wanna see that basement!

cherk said...

Karen-He did do really well! I was just so happy he was motivated to do it. Better yet he got to bring it home over the weekend with no penalty.

Bobbi-furniture came today, we are basically down to accessories and hubby's movie screen area:)I am debating doing pictures until ALL done-maybe