Sunday, March 21, 2010

Orchestra concert and sneak peek











Last night was the big Spring Strings concert. Big Fry was more worried about the after concert party with GIRLS. He even let me take him for a haircut, hate to say but I liked it better just a little longer. He was more nervous about the party than the concert, and it was all he talked about on the ride home. About the beautiful girls and 8 beautiful girls came to sit with just him and a friend. We learned that when a good song comes on all the girls scream-loud. He shared that he tried to eat really carefully so no one would think he didn't have manners. Did I mention the girls looked beautiful all dressed up. He also mentioned he definitely needs to learn some dance moves. Look at the pics carefully there are a few sneak peeks of the basement, which is still a work in progress. I have one tiny corner pretty much done the way I want it. Waiting for some extra time to order some cool canvas prints of hubby's family homestead and make a big piece out of some old tractor seats. Hubby also needs to complete his movie theater side, right now it is collection of old furniture we need to take to storage.

5 comments:

bobbione8y said...

a few of my favorite things...

fireplace :)))
peace sign
twisty sticks in vase


oh. looks so cozy and good.

cherk said...

It is cozy, I am impatient to make it look just the way I want it, it will get there. The Peace sign was an impluse busy months ago at Pier one, I had to have it.

carey said...

oh, cher. it looks so nice. i want to come over and sit by your fire :)
are you still going to do pics of your family playing instruments?

it looks like a lot of work. i am proud of you guys!

cherk said...

Carey-you can come sit by my fire anytime. My warm spiced wine is just about as good as my sangria. Not sure about the instruments that was for the small bedroom. The big dark brown walls will actually have some canvas prints I took out at hubby's family farm. He helped pick them out.

Karen said...

I've been over here FOUR times, and I really thought I had commented!

I LOVE IT. I especially love the wood accents. I can't WAIT to hang out down there!

(verification word is dambooti. seriously.)