Saturday, February 13, 2010

Running update

On Thursday after my fabulous appt, I felt so good I went for a run-2miles, I was not impressed with myself. Ugggg it just reinforced my thoughts about running. SO instead of getting discouraged I looked online for some hints. The big one was if you run until you are gasping-you probably won't try it again. Note to self don't do this. The second training tip was to go for distance or length of time, not for speed. So I tried again today, this time on the tread mill and going for longer time and distance. I made it 3 miles with only 3 small walking fast breaks. I am now a little more hopeful, it wasn't so terrible and hmmmm it actually felt a little...good?

2 comments:

bobbione8y said...

yes, that is how i started running. since i was in horrible shape, it was run a block, walk a block. it does work...the only other thing you need is motivation. ha.

good luck, i think you are on the right track :)

carey said...

he he. i tell you i tell you...do NOT be afraid of the mini walk break. it is your friend.