Monday, February 8, 2010

A plodder becomes a runner

I really believe there are two kinds of people. Those who run and those who don't. Ok I know there are halfway runners, who do it because it is good for you and that is about it. I am not a runner or even a halfway runner. I am really a plodder. My body type and muscle type I truly believe is not a runner, but that of a plodder. There is no running long distances smoothly and lightly. My body and mind loves to lift weights-lots of them, spin, sprints, and fast paced camps. Not to mention running is hard on the back arthritis. I don't know if it is my middle finger lifting up to the February Funk, or the competive edge in me but I have committed myself to a group of gals from school who are running as a team in the Mickelson Trail Marathon. Of course my section is short, 4 miles. Scoff if you must you runners-I know that is a warm up for most but for me that is LONG. I measured it today from my house-really LONG. I read somewhere that you should try the exercise you really dislike-or is really hard for you, so your body and mind really have to focus and you can change it up. So here I am a plodder, changing it up. It was that or swimming...

I think if I watch this before I hit the pavement I might actually be a little motivated

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/nike-commercial-my-better-is-better/C8A8F1D942EB67D7BC22C8A8F1D942EB67D7BC22

2 comments:

carey said...

i am proud of you (again). the first mile is always the hardest. put some good tunes on your ipod and just run as far as you can. walk when and if you need to, and then run some more. you'll be done before you know it.

Karen said...

Aaaaaarrrrggggggg.

I have tried to be a runner. Been thinking about trying it again. I have no great aspirations, but feel like I should be able to hold my own in a 5K. Maybe we could encourage each other...although I'll have to wait until the snow melts.