Sunday, February 28, 2010

a peaceful afternoon

I often write about being exasperated with my tweener (who made that word anyway?) but not today. Today big fry and I ran errands for a couple hours just the two of us. I don't know if it was because I let him sit in the front seat, but the kid was cool to be with. No rolling eyes, rude tone, or arguing. Just him and me in the car, talking about learning to drive, what does the P, R, and N mean, doggy diapers and sperm. We talked about hiking harney peak-a friend told him he couldn't-I told him we would, as soon as it was warm enough. The hiking talk led us to my memories of hiking as a child-that is a whole other blog entry-and his papa. He misses his papa, I wish my dad could have heard the admiration and love in big fry's voice when he said "I love papa a lot, he is funny and smart, I admire him". Hmmm maybe I will email him the story right now, I think I should.

Anyway, thanks for the great day big fry, I know there is hope-for many things.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Cher, I've sensed something is going on with you. I'm sorry that I've been so wrapped up in my own funkiness and haven't checked in. Do you need to talk?

And, um, sperm?

bobbione8y said...

hey cher, glad you had the time. i suppose the key to the point was 'you' and 'him' with some alone time? it seems kids need that, just like we adults do :)

you are the best mom. i have to tell you how much i admire you and your parenting ways!

cherk said...

Oh Karen, you are very nice! Nothing traumatic going on, the 10 hour work days just leave me very little time to post or comment too much, really trying to focus on kids at home, when there is just a couple hours to do it before bedtime
Sperm story coming:)