Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Zapped

I would love to have something witty, funny, interesting or inspirational to say-or even to vent. But I honestly don't have the energy or brain power. This career change is perfect but at the same time emotional exhausting. Don't confuse that with me being stressed or worried, I can honestly leave my work AT work. Which completely surprises me considering I can worry myself sick about nonexistent things that haven't EVEN happened. Pretty crazy huh:) Anyway 5th grade son is making me proud. After three weeks of some very discouraging grades on spelling (don't get me started) he kicked it in gear last week and came home with an almost perfect paper-he is the type of kiddo that needs to have the branch hit him in the face once before he figures out to duck the next time. He figured it out-studying and sweat=success. He also opted to retake a social studies quiz over for a better grade. The teacher part of me fundamentally disagrees with numerous things his teacher does but this will be an excellent lesson as middle school comes up roaring around the corner.
With the chaos of everyday life my exercising has gone out the window, amazing how one or two less days a week can make a difference for me-these extra 3-4 pounds and 1 inch I have gained back for the first time in 2 years is driving me crazy. I have resorted to cutting calories, which for some reason never works for me grrrrr and always makes me crabby. Or maybe it is just the PMS
Gee well see there I did have something to write

4 comments:

bobbione8y said...

ah, i hear ya with the emotionally exhausted. it's a weird kind of stress, not really bad, but just too much stuff going on in the brain area at all times - plus, everything is important that i seem to be doing, so i have this vested interest to do well.


sigh. let's stop for a moment and pretend it's summer again :)

Karen said...

I'm sorry I'm laughing at you, but I'm laughing right now!!

I hopehopehope you can get back to working out, I know you'll feel so much better. Hug that big boy for me and when you have time tell me what you fundamentally disagree with. Retaking quizzes??

cherk said...

Ummm what is so funny, I didn't find feeling zapped very funny. The teacher thing is really no biggy, I do believe in retaking quizzes the point is to learn the material, I don't like a big -50 points and checkmarks all over said quiz with red pen...still writing your lesson plans is little squares is kind of outdated but he really works with the kids and wants them to succeed and thats what counts.

cherk said...

Ohhh Bobbi, can we, can we pretend it is summer again, Ummm no we had frost this morning:(