Saturday, September 12, 2009

One of those days

It was raining, raining today, so I took advantage and cooked. Made fresh from the garden tomato soup, warm apple topping in the crockpot, and baked beans for the block party that was cancelled. We have plenty of food for the evening. I totally ignored housework and laundry but did make it to bootcamp and school. I played with the blog for awhile-I could look endlessly at all the backgrounds and finally had to just pick ONE. I also found out how to remove labels from wine bottles so I can make a cool framed collage for right above my pantry door out of cool wine lables. On the other side of the coin...,
It is one of those days though where the "doldrums" just kick in and you never know just why. Ok well I know why-since honesty with self is something I love. I LOVE my new job and it is going well-I am sure curve balls will be thrown my way. So with that starting well and not worrying as much about it, the other worries start to creep on their little feet. Worries about my health, as winter approaches, always gets me (Silly I know, but that Feb timeline always starts to lurk). Worries about younger son who has, I guess unoticed to me, stutters from talking so fast that someone mentioned it me and asked me when he will "grow out of it". This included my speech therapy friend who HAS noticed and didn't mention so she wouldn't alarm because in her words, "he just needs modeling and it isn't the bad kind of stuttering" other words totally fixable. I KNOW it is he just talks super fast and has super fast ideas, hmmm I think talking fast runs in the family somewhere I am sure...
Just one of those days where things are going SO well that the thinking something is going to go wrong start to creep in...AND they will creep out

5 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmmm, fresh tomato soup sounds so yummy....

love the new background, I finally caught up with you again, it's been too long

so glad the new job is fitting you well,

as far as the curve balls, I pray that you avoid them and when needed smack one outta the park...

Enjoy the good days, will ya?

cherk said...

Rani-Thanks for your sweet words:)

Karen said...

I hope the sun has returned, Cher. I hate those days, even when I know they are going to end.

carey said...

cher, it's funny what different people latch onto on these blogs, but my attention is on your little Q.
mostly cuz i know how it feels to fret and worry over boys. i know he'll get the help he needs, this is just a little bump. he's an awesome little guy. no worries, he's fine. and so are you. ok?

Chris said...

Cher, sounds like he just needs to learn how to slow it down and organize his thoughts, that may come with maturity. Lucky you are in the field you are in, and have access to speech people who can give you those fixes. I think we all have those weird thoughts that, oh man thinks are going way to well. What could happen to change that. Then you wake up and start a new day.