Thursday, September 17, 2009

What I learned in school so far...

I have learned in this first month of school:
I love being a principal-meeting new kids, more kids, and having them say hi to me
I will NEVER remember all the names of the kids I am meeting or all their parents
I do not like 5th grade homework thus far-trying to have my spelling challenged child spell "disappointment" is more than I can handle
Hearing my same "discouraged" (his words) 5th grader play "Amazing Grace" on the violin-not great but recognizable makes me HAPPY
I have learned that constantly filling other people's "cups" with positive thoughts is joyful and more exhausting than I had imagined
I have learned to be flexible
I have learned that being accountable and wanting every child to get the best education they can and take it personal-is exactly that-personal, sometimes the thought is overwhelming
I have learned from just the few "issues" and "discipline" I have dealt with that in the scheme of things that my small fry and big fry are GOOD KIDS, with GOOD HEARTS

2 comments:

Karen said...

I knew they had good hearts, Cher! You're raising great kids.

The Amazing Grace story will keep me smiling all day long.

Chris said...

Sounds overwhelming and very very good, cher:) I wish I could see you in action. I think you should have one of our students follow you around with a video recorder so we can see.