Monday, September 7, 2009

Not as Dusty Aberdeen







This was our second year going to the BMX state race in Aberdeen. It was a fun weekend and the weather was so much less dusty and windier than last year. We have gotten to know all the families and that made it more fun we could all cheer for all the kids. The boys did well, they both made it into the main races each day-a great accomplishment for the big Fry. He had many parents comment on how well his starts were and didn't just fall back from the pack like he usually does. Small fry was third in the state final and found a boy to give his "friendship" trophy to pass on. The little guy was in the race with him and hadn't made it to the main. Thank goodness small is very visual and remembered what the kid looked like. It is hard to find one out of 200 brighly colored jerseys and helmets, but he did. I got a cool toe ring out of the weekend, small fry won it in a game. I also woke up today with no voice from screeching and yelling-small fry told me I couldn't do that anymore it made him nervous as he came by, I tried I really tried.



Now I am procrastinating getting back into the groove and getting caught up, better get to it

No comments: