Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Once Again

Once again, there is nothing better with getting together with good friends. I had a last minute quick ladies night with my dearest and oldest (not in age) friend and her sister in law and I love getting together with friends who:
Worry like me
Obsess like me
Have the same humor as me
Honest and admit mistakes like me, and
ACCEPT Me for ME

As I look forward to seeing some longtime friends it reminds me of a speech/song about sunscreen and one of my favorite lines.

"Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young."

Here is the link
http://www.davidpbrown.co.uk/poetry/mary-schmich.html

PS: New friends who understand you are great too!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

AMEN!!!

Chris said...

Man, I love that quote! I would seriously be lost with you guys.