Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fun mom day comes to a close





Here are some pics from probably the last "fun mom" day of the summer. I am sad, sad, sad. This summer I can honestly say has been the best one with the boys. I vowed to take time, relax (yeah that equates a bad word in my vocabulary) enjoy the days instead of trying to rush through them and go here to there just to get it done. I have slept in until 9 and actually didn't even get dressed some days. I tried more patience and humor (not the sarcastic kind) when my kids or I got in a funk. I promised to meet up with my best friend once a week or every other with our kids so we could remind each other about what being a fun mom is-we both know we sometimes forget.


Exuse the messy me, this was at the end of the sliding day


Ok and here is the kicker story-I just can't help but tell it. I have this new suit-it makes me look VERY flat. I borrow a friends push up pads-waterproof and very real looking. I go down the slide for the first time-see where this is going.....I come up and grab Q (thank goodness), and he says "mommy look at your boob". Umm yeah you guessed it, there it was a third boob sitting up and out of the suit top between my other two. NICE

2 comments:

carey said...

nice work. i still say that slide with the jump on the bottom of it is evil.

as for the third boob story, classic.
stuff like that always happens to me, too.

Karen said...

I LOVE that picture of Quinn! What a shot!

You know I didn't have a third boob, just the thin padding bunched up after diving off the board. Unfortunately, I walked around the entire pool (smiling and saying hello to people) before noticing.