Monday, August 11, 2008

Beware the roll top desk

Again some of the most interesting and enlightening conversations with my sons is in the car. Son number 2 Q and I are driving home from Walmart. Out of the blue he says, "Remember when I got stuck in my work bench?" Ummm what? "You know my work bench in my room." There is no work bench in his room there is a toy box and a roll top desk. I ask him do you mean your desk? "Yeah my desk, I was in time out and mad so I locked my door and crawled in my desk, it shut on me." Ahhhh I am laughing now-the roll top desk is SMALL. I ask him-so what did he do, and was he scared. "No, I got mad and said frickin and I got out." I am still amazed that he fits in the desk, I ask him how did you get in there? "I stuck my head in and then the rest of me fit, and it shut"
Don't think he will be doing that again...
OK, if you know Q he probably will

As I just typed that line I am always into symbolism in writing and metaphors. Read it again (take out the "and it shut") and apply it to life:)

"I stuck my head in and then the rest of me fit"

1 comment:

bobbione8y said...

he he he he.

oh, the wisdom in that.