Wednesday, August 6, 2008

MUST. CONTROL.THE.SARCASM

Ok, so we have been in our house a little over a year. About April I noticed condensation inside the glass panes of our big living room window. Not a good thing. Long story short we get a new piece of glass pretty quickly. At the same time I show them where we have seen small amounts of water in the corner of the frame. No problem just zap some silicone gel.
Soooooo
Last week I see a hazy fog in the window again and call. So these conversations are their words and mine in my HEAD!

Billy the window guy comes right out and stares at the window, studies the window-says "Hmmm I don't see anything, do you see a break in the silicone down there in the glass?
Me-ummm no, but ummmmm I am not the window guy
Billy the window guy-"Ok well my boss won't let me replace a window until we see water so just call us right away next time."
Me-OKay, so when the rain comes at 2 a.m. do you have a cell phone number for me? And second you are basically think I am hallucinating water

Billy the window guy leaves. I am a litte bemused. I contemplate taking my power washer hose and spraying my window next time I water flowers so I can have Billy visit again, he is pretty cute, nice butt. No need it rains buckets. I am laying in bed thinking whoo-hoo water in the window in the morning-sure enough there it is.

I call again-different guy and leave a message for Billy
New guy-so you say there is water on the frame? Or is it in the glass-a seal failure?
Me-Yep, and Billy said to call right away if I saw water. (my actual words this time)
New guy-Huh, ok so there is water in frame
Me-Yeah and Billy said his boss won't fix it until someone SEES it-since you already replaced the glass once (again my actual words).
New guy-we replaced the glass once already? Interesting

Intersting-that pretty much sums it up
Oh and some new vocabulary for you

Seal-they are apparently not talking about the animal
Silicone-a very handy substance-not just for implants anymore

5 comments:

carey said...

hahahaha. i am cracking up over here.

please do NOT control the sarcasm.

Karen said...

I second that. I don't think you would be Cher without the biting wit.

bobbione8y said...

i just have one comment, and it's not related to the post.

under my bookmark file, your blog comes up reading "from here to there, f....things are everywhere"

no kidding. why does it abbreviate it like that?! EVERY single time, i say something else in my head. EVERY time.

cherk said...

bobbi-wow that is crazy, I would think the same thing!

Chris said...

Interesting!;)