Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Once again

Once again there is no substitute for good friends. I went out with my oldest (not old in age) and dearest friend and her sister in law for a last minute ladies get together. I LOVE getting together and talking with kindred spirits who:
Worry like me
Obsess like me
Compliment me
Be brutally honest like me and with me
Admit mistakes like me
And most of all ACCEPT and LOVE me for ME

PS-Heard this weird sunscreen song on the radio and have the book-the speech-"Sunscreen" this is one of my favorite lines and as I look forward to meeting with longtime friends it comes to mind.

"Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young. "

WOW

For the whole speech here is the link

http://www.davidpbrown.co.uk/poetry/mary-schmich.html

No comments: