Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The comeback of the mullet

Being the lover of a wide variety of music that I am-leaning towards even weird at times (ask my oldest and dearest friends) my kids are exposed to lots of different artists. The one music type that I am not fond of or never seemed to be was BIG 80's rock. You know the kind I am talking about, the jean jacket, metal head type with girls who had big hair-really tall in front, like they had walked into a building and forgot they had hair on the back of their head (Don't act like you didn't have it, if you didn't you had a close friend who did).

So the story goes like this two significant events occur, 1)We get this game called Guitar Hero-the boys love it and guess what, it has some big 80's songs. 2) A-man gets an MP3 player for Christmas and we help him download songs. Guess what songs he likes to download??? You guessed it BIG 80's hair bands! His favorite being AC/DC. So now when we are in the car and lets say BonJovi, Metallica, Def Lepard *gasp* comes on he shouts enthusiastically "Turn it up man, this song rocks" straight out of a Time life CD commercial. I wouldn't be to worried but was discussing getting a hair cut with him for the summer and this is what he says, "Naw, I am going to let it grow down my neck, you know like this." Pause and get the visual for yourself and then says "but I want it cut straight by my ears".


Ummm yeah, not in my life time buddy:)

1 comment:

Karen said...

That is hilarious! "Aw, c'mon Mom! Can I pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaasse get a mullet?" If someone would have told you in high school that you would one day hear those words, what would you have said?

I vote for Chris, by the way. She had the biggest hair/bangs of all of us.