Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Back from camping!






Phew, we survived our first camping trip of the summer. Shane left for Atlanta on Sunday so the boys and I took the opportunity to head up to Horse Thief Lake and camp from Sunday until today. Besides some of the rain and thunderstorms we enountered it was a great time. Just some random thoughts and pictures (I didn't take too many pictures this time, just wanted to enjoy the time) listed below:




Things I loved about this camping trip:


The smell of the campfire and eating way to many marshmallows and smores


Watching the boys reel in some nice fish-they were pumped


Sleeping and waking up to sunlight coming in through the pop camper window


The smell of the trees


The late night discussion of God and Jesus and other BIG questions


There was not one ounce of fighting, whining, back talk-it was a GIFT-we should become cave people-roughing it does wonders!




These things I did not like so much:


The smell of campfire in clothes, bedding and hair-takes a week to get that stuff out


Not squeezing in work out time for all those smores-among other not healthy eating the whole trip


The rain and thunder we had pretty much each day but who cares-it's just water


The slight mishap with the camper bouncing off the hitch-ONLY 3 block from home-I almost made it-hubby will be soooo pleased:)






Overall a great trip and now to unpacking, which you can tell I am totally putting off by blogging first!
Sorry about the last pic, I think I have posted it before but can't get it off there.

2 comments:

carey said...

awesome. you are a brave woman, i'm not sure i'd camp with just me and the boys. we are still tent people, and um...i never really was one :)

looks like lots of fun, those boys will remember this stuff forever.

Karen said...

You are my hero, Cher! I don't think I would do it alone, either. The weekend sounds great, and you'll burn off those smores in no time.