Sunday, June 22, 2008

Almost over...




I can't believe I am writing this, Q-man has 3 games left of his coach-pitch baseball and I am actually a little....SAD. He really loved it and improved so much-at hitting anyway-he still jumps to the side when a ball comes at him. He pretty much hit the ball and made it to a base everytime, no small accomplishment at this age. He even got to go across the home plate the last game. The crowd loves him-he is seriously the most smiliest kid on his team.


The surprise part was my oldest hitting the ball with one of the dads at a practice and that kid could hit-I mean hit it hard and far-without ever having any practice besides my pathetic attempts in the backyard-of course catching is not his thing either. He wants to PLAY next year-the hard part is he will be 10 and not sure if that is to old. In my mind NOT-late bloomers need a chance, but know how those things get competitive by that age. He signed up for a summer camp and said he will practice to get caught up, it's a long ways off so we will see.


Overall my first assumptions were wrong (hmmm I never make assumptions:) and I openly admit that it has been very fun with great conversations and great games and I loved making the DVD, can't wait to hand it out and batter up next year!


4 comments:

carey said...

sweet. just goes to show that sometimes, we still have lessons to learn. looks like your boys are teaching you they don't care so much about winning (i still smile thinking of your competitive spirit)as just playing the game.

i too am loving coach-pitch. the concept of "nobody strikes out" is a good one. i look ahead to the days when they DO strike out and my heart hurts already.

cherk said...

The coach pitch is great, our kids do strike out and after 3 outs we are done but all the boys have seemed to be ok about it. I think it bothers the coach more having to tell the kiddo to move off the field. I hope I never grow old enough or smart enough not to be able to learn some new lessons. My camera keeps my competive spirit in check:)

Karen said...

I'm so glad it has turned out well. Baseball in 'Bama might just be our only yucky memory from the last year. I hope that E will want to try it again in the fall, although he's talking about hockey and lacrosse. sigh.

Chris said...

Yeah, I'm glad to turned out to be a positive thing for you guys. Great pics, by the way!