Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Just your average day

A day in the life of your favorite principal

4th grader on bench with shoes in lap. Eye contact with 4th grader's teacher. Teacher replies "She is getting the knots out of her shoes"
Me-"Sara how did you get those knots?"
Sara-"I tied them, um ya and if I can't get them out I think I need to call my mom"
Me-"Good thing I am am a good knot untier"

Fast forward, 5th grade teacher shows me a picture, "Know what these are? Bats! Outside our door, we need to rescue them!"
So next step, get custodian to get ladder. Go to lost and found to get gloves, go to nurse's office to cover cloth gloves with rubber gloves. Ready to go. Meanwhile 5th grade teacher googles how to remove bats, directions say: Take a towel toss over and scoop into towel, shake to release. Use a kind quiet voice as bats have very acute hearing.

Bats rescued by hero principal and put in cage to take home (will be a hero mom as well)
After lunch come to office to find coffee can on desk, yep another bat. Brilliant idea to put this bat with others and when I shake the coffee can he flies out into the office. Hero principal once again, dress and  (thankfully flats today) climbes the counters to capture.

All in  days work.

4 comments:

carey said...


you.are.kidding me.

i would pay money to see that all on video. surely there should be a reality show about principals??

bobbione8y said...

Use a kind quiet voice as bats have very acute hearing.

ahhhh. very good to know.

YOU ARE NOT KIDDING, are you? you ARE my hero.

plus, the bats' hero, too :)

Karen said...

Holy crud! I can take care of spiders, and even snakes. But bats??? Not since that episode of House where the crazy chick got bit by one...and died.

So....did the 5th grader get in trouble for the cell phone??

cherk said...

Nope, no joking, I can post a pic if you want:)
Karen-Good thing I hadn't watched House, I may have been more hesitant.