Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Back on the journey

Well here it is, officially summer is over (well almost, I don't really confront it until the boys step into THEIR school building for the first day).

I have to admit that while my friend Karen shares her mourning and sadness of our boys outgrowing us, I can say that my summer and closeness with both boys these last few months has been a gift. Also my mourning may be less because I have one other fry who is not even close to outgrowing me-yet.

 Now I can't say that it was perfect, and I believe I sent a few furious texts about everyone going to CAMP because they deserved it. I often contemplated how 10 years ago I couldn't wait to be the mom who could take a book to the park, the pool, the lake and sit and read while my kids played, a little jealous at these well coiffed moms in bikinis (because they HAD time to work on their bodies now) in their relaxation mode while I chased children, sunscreened children, hovered over children. I was horrified I am now THAT mom. I never dreamed I would be THAT mom, and here I am-still now well coiffed. At times it is sad, but when I reflect on the summer exurcions, road trips, camping, bike rides, and yes still butterfly and ladybug hunting I realize it is just where I am supposed to be and to enjoy the ride.

And guess what? I still didn't get to read a darn book! So there all you book reading pool moms!

No comments: