Sunday, August 26, 2012

Soccer, losing, winning and exhausted

Here is the bullets of a whirlwind week...
  • Mom here and and gone for the annual two week visit-it is always a roller coaster ride to say the least
  • Teachers back into their classroom, needing this needing that and "one more question Cher..."
  • Parents and kids back for open house...I think I whooed and smiled until my cheeks hurt and wore my work shoes until my feet were miserable
  • Created the kick-ass kick-off speech I do for teachers with written story included. This one I worked on until midnight a few nights. It is kind of like blogging but ah, more professional
  • Open house for my own middle schooler, once again smiling and whooing and then watching 13 year old try to open his locker-no much smiling
  • THEN off to the wonderful dusty city of Gillette for both bmx AND soccer. I am telling you right now no soccer mom am I. It just isn't going to happen. Give me the dirty dingy bike track anytime.
  •  I don't know which jersey to bring (thankfully the hotel was only 10 minutes away), have no idea about offsides, don't bad mouth the refs at every turn and really dislike sitting in a line of chairs as I was instructed to do when I went to sit off to the side in my own little world. Seriously, "Now, now come over here, we all sit in a row, that's  just what we do". Sigh. Conformity.
  • Oh and losing, Small Fry losing 2 out of three games, last in Friday's BMX and last in Sunday's race. We can say discouragement and tears all around.

So I don't know why I put winning in there, because really I am just exhausted... and tomorrow 550 cherubs walk through the doors...better get out those work shoes. Oh and pack for Aberdeen this weekend.

And I should say Carey-as a sports mom, you rock don't know how you do it!

2 comments:

Karen said...

This is it! I hope your first day is GREAT! I hope you wore comfortable shoes...

carey said...

Oh i love love love your honesty and your posts. I am not always so very happy at these hockey games, my friend. Sitting on cold bleachers in the summer sucks, listening to parents who YELL all game long makes ME want to yell and many times I am longing for my own bed instead of another hotel room. You rock WAY MORE than I do. Trust me.