Tuesday, August 28, 2012

If a dog could blog

My literary preferences aside, one of the earliest authors I secretly enjoyed was Stephan King. One of the first books I read was Cujo. I always enjoyed the dog's point of view in the story and I wondered if dogs really thought that way. You know like he called his owner "THE MAN" and the son "THE BOY" and so on.

I thought about this laughing in my head thinking of what Luna would blog about if she could. I know last night would have been about the (here comes the dog speak),

BIG SILVER BOX, that THE MAN puts the MEAT in. The BIG SILVER BOX burns like fire, had a burnt nose one time trying to the get the sticky stuff that leaks out of the BIG SILVER BOX. Ohhhhh the BOX, just need to get to the BOX. If I pretend to have to "go potty" I can sneak over to the BOX. But the WOMAN is smart, brilliant really and BLOCKS the BOX with those sitting things.
 The odor comes from the BOX for days and then the MAN takes it out to that other food area. The SMELL is overwhelming, just a few little pieces drop as the MAN chops and chops. If I wait nice he will toss me some, I LOVE THE BIG SILVER BOX.

There you are smoked pulled pork from the view point of THE DOG. At least she isn't thinking of eating us!

4 comments:

carey said...

you make me laugh. crosby is not nearly so smart. she loves the husband's GREEN TRUCK way more than she loves the BIG SILVER BOX.

cherk said...

Ha it has nothing to do with smart but all sensory. the big silver box is the smoker and NO animal or human doesn't know what's in that!

Karen said...

Dude. I've had Shane's pulled pork and I'M WITH THE DOG.

cherk said...

It is hilarious, we have to watch her constantly when it is on, last time she burned the heck out of her lip. The drippings are THAT good