Friday, January 20, 2012

Benefits of eating healthy

Ok, so after a week of really trying to eat healthy, really trying, not pretend trying I have found:

Increased fruits and veggies, increase digestion-in not always a good way, yep a little more organ rebelling

It is nice when the scale moves, in the right direction, which provides motivation through results.

No wine for a week really makes a difference come Friday, you feel like a 16 year old again, with a first-time wine cooler. Or purple passion, take your pick

A whole new meaning for "cheat day". All the quality research recommends a "cheat day". Now I am sure my definition of cheat is not their's. I am thinking, they ARE thinking, a hersheys kiss, a banana, an extra portion of peas. But really isn't a mini DQ blizzard the way to go? You know the word "mini" is a huge advertising ploy to make one feel like you are so not cheating! It is mini after all!

So after a cheat day thank goodness I have boot camp AND invited to a bike ride tomorrow. Stupid Mini blizzard, oh and wine.

5 comments:

carey said...

healthy eating really cramps my style ;) more power to you. i have seen other people lose serious weight when they went all protein.

too bad not very much good stuff is made out of protein.

cherk said...

I know!! like pasta, why can't pasta be made out of protein. Or better yet tortilla chips, or even better wine!

bobbione8y said...

what, you mean pasta and potatoes and WINE are not protein?

no WONDER i am out of shape ;)

Chris said...

You gots to have a cheat day!! If I didn't allow myself one of those, I would scare everything that comes my way! Cheat away....one day a week!

Karen said...

I'm with Chris! Except that I need one cheat PER day. at least. :-)