Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Just a few FYI's

1. Deer season has ended. With no deer. Well not exactly. There were 9 deer in OUR yard the day AFTER hunting season. Who says deer are stupid.
2. I was so desparate to help Big Fry bag the deer I offered to take him. ALONE. I didn't really relish the thought of him actually GETTING something with no man-help there. But when he decided sleeping in was more important, I have to admit I was more than a little disappointed. I like man jobs. I like proving I can do man jobs-like taking apart the dishwasher. Which I did. And killing spiders, which hubby calls me to do all the time when the real big ones appear.
3. I am trying to jump start a little weight loss. I hate to even type that. Ok so really I am trying to jump start eating healthier. Here is what I found out. There is a pattern, EVERY time I do this I get a cold. No really. I know it is hard to believe, but its true. I don't know if my body rebels or what. Because what do I want more than carbs or comfort food when I have a cold? Nothing, just carbs and comfort food. So far I have resisted. I am even going without my wine Wednesday. Enough said
4. My new clip bike shoes came, Hubby replied, "Can't wait to see you practice those". You watch it buddy, just let me put my padded body suit on first.
5. School, what can I say we are "hitting the hump", moving towards, "march madness", budgets and political actions in our state with education are/will cause morale to plummet. I am not a big worrier at work about things outside my circle of influence, but sometimes one just can't help but get fired up.
6. Bagels-Small fry found a new food. Thanks goodness. Whole wheat bagels with butter and cinnamon and sugar. For breakfast, for snack, and snack again. Maybe it will help him put a little meat on him. Yeah lucky him, he gets carbs!
7. Small fry and school, for a change of scenery not going well. We have scratched our heads, given feedback, asked questions, guilt trips and threatened. The little stuffer finally tells me what is going on. It breaks my heart. BUT either I am getting wiser or becoming a slacker mom. I don't fret, it's all fixable. That's what I tell him. A day later we already see a little renewed resilliency.

Well there they are, a few random fyi's.

Oh and I am sad. Hell on Wheels had its season finale. I am perplexed. What will happen?Will our troubled hero come back? Will he roam the prairie alone? Will the "fair maiden of the west" Lily Bell ever find him? Oh and does the railroad get built? Sigh next season

6 comments:

Karen said...

I SWEAR I commented! Shoot, I'm on the run. Will come back later.

bobbione8y said...

that is possibly the best fyi post i have ever read!

love the comments about doing man-tasks. they do make ya feel good...although i rarely experience it because i am such. a. girl. living alone does help, because sometimes you have no choice but to be the man :)

cherk said...

Thanks, Bobbi-it is good to know that my random life can entertain.

Karen-well you better come back, I will feel neglected and am a pretty needy person in general. Except when it come to man-jobs.

carey said...

cher, you are definitely one of the most competitive people i know, so if gutting a deer is perceived as something a girl can't do, i know you'll be the first in line to prove them wrong. love it.

i would be the first person in line holding the knife wrong and looking at you helplessly until you came and gutted my deer, too.

cherk said...

Carey-There would had have been NO gutting by me-just the thought of dragging something turned my stomach!

Karen said...

Life just never stops, does it? For the record: I think you're a superhero.