Sunday, November 13, 2011

Still here

I am still here, was away from the computer for a little while.

Here are some happenings...
Went to Vegas for a conference-that's right Vegas. I have seen enough of Vegas to last me another 15 years-the last time I was there. Apparently when you you are from the midwest people will ask you if your are from Canada, multiple times. We finally said "yes", which was easier than explaining or looking at the glazed eyes of people who had no idea where South Dakota was.

Power shopping-I did love the power shopping, especially when you have a power shopping partner-one can do ALOT of damage in just 3 hours.

Work-I was sooooo glad to get away from work, I am hoping when I go back tomorrow it is with a fresh start, the last weeks have had me rethinking my career choice.

On a happy note, hubby and I celebrated 17 years of wedded bliss last night. Well I wouldn't use the word bliss-that is for fairy tales. But I really can't complain. What hubby waits on their wife when her friends come over for girls nights? Makes sushi and his famous popcorn for them. Not many I can bet. There are countless reasons, too many to list here. I do think in this day and age of quitting when the going gets tough, instant happiness being over rated, and huge divorce rates, we are not a statistic.

Life is good

2 comments:

carey said...

love this post. i love your husband, too. he's the goods. i can't say i love vegas, either, but i am glad you had a good time getting away.

Chris said...

Congratulations!!!