Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hunting with boys...



...at 5:00 in the morning



Snacks: cheeze its, cold pop tarts, pioneer woman iced coffee, blue rasberry slushy


Gear: camera, guns, cartridges, orange (see later quote), calvin and hobbes books


Dialogue:

There's one! Get your orange on! (Hubby)


Dang, there it goes, we should have just dropped the backpack, went prone, and shot it (Hubby)


My stomach hurts, I think I am getting car sick (Small Fry)


Holy crap did you see those two bull elks, I almost peed my pants! (Small Fry)


Look, somebody got something, there's the entrails (Big Fry)


You could have drove the truck up to us you know. (hubby, pointedly to me)


And the winning conversation of the day:


Me: Look how the litte ice crystals blink on the grasses (it was really cool)



Big Fry: Yeah and think of how the blood is going to look on when I shoot my deer.






4 comments:

carey said...

you are the perfect "boy-mom." did you get your kill?

bobbione8y said...

he he he he he.

Karen said...

I thought for sure that the ice crystals on the grass were going to be a result of boy pee...

Entrails is not my favorite word.

cherk said...

Carey-No kill, we will keep trying.
Karen-Really? Hate the word? As a writer and a teen mom, I thought you might appreciate the sophisticated use of vocabulary