Friday, May 13, 2011

whew, we are almost done

So here it is 10 days left. Big Fry is chomping at the bit to be done. Actually I think he is done. I swear if tween boys had pms he would be a prime example. The other night he actually asked where the tent was so he could go sleep in it. I was so tempted to go and set it up for him. Or give him some of my midol.

Hubby has been a little grumpy, which means hiding in the man cave. Men do that I guess.

My naughties at school have become extreme naughties, I am just a little tired of seeing them as they are of seeing me. It's weird how the end of the year, when we should be celebrating, actually causes anxiety. We are all hanging by our fingernails

We went shopping this weekend for few accessories, the boys were dying to get something since the puppy wasn't actually here. Big Fry and I went to the Salvation Army to DROP off stuff and while we were there someone dropped off a like new dog crate, we scored with it for 25 bucks. Fate, I tell you. Then I panicked... see I didn't have my checkbook when we picked out the puppy so never actually PAID for it. I was counting on "the honor system". So panicking led to calling and when he didnt' call back, more panicking. We finally touched base, the check is in the mail, and she is actually the only one out of 9 left, less than a week later. Hubby was even worried, I think he texted, "If he sells it I will feel bad for you". See we are slowly winning him over. Hopefully enough to stay home the Monday after we pick her up since we need to do it a week earlier than expected and I am still at school. I may have to beg.

I granted the boys all night access to a forbidden video game, I here them now whooping and screeching as a type. It will take all my strength to pry them off the ceiling. We have a busy weekend ahead, lots of puppy proofing, legos have become the enemy.

4 comments:

carey said...

so you get her this coming weekend? oh FUN!! we will have to come see her when we are in rapid. remember, i am running up in deadwood june 5 and then the boys are in hockey camp june 6-10. we will need to plan a hook-up somewhere along that line.

did you settle on a name yet?

cherk said...

This SATURDAY-time is creeping slowly for big fry and he keeps telling me so. I have the 6-10 marked off and I plan to be checked out of work by then. Just tell where and when for fun! Are you all coming and where are you staying.

Oh and the name is Luna May-they were set on a middle name. I finally had to pick, they were never going to agree.

bobbione8y said...

wow. you are so close to being there!

i would about die waiting for that puppy :)) tell big fry he is not alone!

love the name luna.

Karen said...

Luna May! I LOVE IT! So excited for you all!