Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Shining... a Rapid City version

Have you seen the Shining with Jack Nicholson? The scary Stephen King movie about the guy and his family who are snowed in and the guy slowly goes insane? They all start to spiral into darkness and weirdness. I think I am experiencing this is a much milder manner. The RAIN is exhausting me. I feel like I am soaking in a tub and getting all wrinkly and pasty.

What more do kids and their parents want to do when the last day of school is out AND it is Memorial Day weekend then spend lots of time outside having FUN? What does a person with a new puppy want to do? Have fun outside of course. We are trying to keep the boys enterained, the dog from getting into everything-cuz she doesn't even want to be outside. I think Big Fry's ability to move and think is directly related to sunlight. I think if the kid didn't have his head attached he would honestly leave it somewhere, like his sweatshirts he lost this year, the clothes he leaves laying outside in the rain. the dishes and wrappers EVERYWHERE! Not to mention his slumping around from room to room about how bored he is. I don't think my last nerve can take it. We so need some blue sky and more for than just a day!!

I am very grateful we are not in a flooding situation like so many others and know the blue sky will come sometime, but for right now rainy soggy gloom is pervading everything.

3 comments:

carey said...

i hope you guys have the sunshine i am seeing today. totally know what you mean...i am ordering sun for next week!

cherk said...

OK, it came today, but with wind. Oh well. I am a planner you know so you need to facebook message me what the plan is for next week!

Karen said...

I remember our first fall in Germany. It rained for 14 days straight and I just stood in the house (with no furniture) and cried. It's hard!! Praying for sun for you...