Monday, May 9, 2011

For Carey

First of all there are no pics besides the ones big fry took on his phone, which I then took a pic of his phone with MY phone. So some of you lucky people recieved this grainy image as a text. We don't have any REAL pictures yet because there is no REAL puppy here yet.
We went to see the guy about the dog to LOOK. They live out on this place in Rockerville, I pull up and one large yellow lab (dad) and one petite retriever (mom) come to the car. No barking, no jumping-a good sign. We had already watched all the you tube videos on how to "pick" your dog. Seeing the parents behavior was the first step. We go into the garage and there they all are. It is hard to look at puppies and keep a poker face. Really how shallow is it to say "oh I want that one with the pretty colors". Or just scunch them all up. Nothing like a puppy makes you feel like a big kid. They had just eaten so full -belly tiredness was setting in. We went for the females and started picking them up. The first one trembled and was stiff as a board with its legs-umm a little tense for me. There was one I had my eye on that was grounding its sibling into the ground and chewing its ear-I already have enough sibling rivalry in my house so passed it over. Small fry found a petite red one. Then Big Fry found the biggest one. It happened to be female AND met my color requirements and melted in our arms. We went with the big one, asked the guy if he could hold it for us and I could pay him up front. Of course when we got to the car no Checkbook or Cash. I offered to come out the next night, he said don't worry, it had a ribbon on it, it was ours. I hope he keeps the promise. I really do. Arrival date is the week before memorial day weekend.

Trust me this is one of many stories in the last 3 days that this life event has spun. It could be a WHOLE other dang blog....hmmmm now there is an idea, can someone do that, really have a whole other blog about a DOG. Oh nevermind I don't see alot of time in my future for blogging. As hubby said, "hmmmp kiss your free time goodbye, you think you are busy now". I promptly called him "dream killer" and reminded him he had a window of time to veto me. I then turned around and asked if he wanted to see the pics again.

1 comment:

carey said...

oh, yay! it won't suck up your time if you make sure the boys are the ones in charge of feeding and taking her out. there will be some messes so go arm yourself with Woolite with Pet plus Oxygen! i'm sure you're reading all the books, but trust me--get a kennel she can sleep in and stay in while you are not home and you won't regret it. :) that's all my puppy advice. they are only work for a couple of months, and then no big deal.

and yes. i do think there could be a blog just about a dog. i'd read it :)