Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 5

Well so far day 5 of a family with a dog had been not too bad. Big Fry had a meltdown last night after an afternoon of being a caretaker. I called and asked how it was going, I received the following reply, "Oh my gosh, I am exhausted, she is in to EVERYTHING and she wont' listen!" Welcome to my life buddy!
We have found a solution to nipping and jumping-the NO talk, NO touch, and NO eye contact works pretty well. She is learning some basic commands already and works well with a leash. The few accidents have been negligance on the human part, and she does go to the door sometimes to be let out.

It is amazing to me though how an animal who has never had people food can beg for a pizza hut breadstick, crazy.

Overall not a bad start. I have taken few pictures, still at work, AND puppies move fast, very fast, action pictures are NOT my strength!

2 comments:

carey said...

hang in there. gotta be firm, even mean and loud sometimes. the puppy books say not to use the kennel as a time-out zone but i don't know what we would do without it.

can't wait to see her. i'll get more details to you next week...

happy memorial weekend!

cherk said...

OK, is the whole family coming? The only thing we have will be the volks march. Which days are you coming? We will leave it open ended for your arrival:)