Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A long goodbye...

I know when I get back to reality, hopefully the bitter cold has blown over, that I won't have time to write about my trip so here it goes.
I sit here now with my tummy extremely full. Finally a yummy meal, with lava cake dessert! I have waited all week and tried to be really good, no vacation overboard eating.
The week has been good. The sessions were not as spectacular as I would have liked or gave me all the answers for student achievement and learning. They did give me seeds for thought which is a place to start. Go slow to go fast as I keep telling teachers. Working with poverty students (which my school is considered) is HARD, HARD WORK, there is no quick fix for that. The brain research sessions we went to were fascinating. I went to a personal favorite, boys and learning-once again fascinating and always a good refresher for me.
My other random thought was I would not make a good traveling employee. I miss home. I have been texting constantly-good grief what would we do with out those damn phones! Pay attention more I am sure. Here are some snippets:
This one was on the phone with small fry:
SF-Are you at the ocean? -his most favorite thing ever!
Me-I am, I found a live clam today bigger than my hand. It creaked open and snapped shut as I was holding it. It made me jump and scream.
SF-Seriously!! Oh, I wish I was there.
Me-Me to...

Before this next one you must know that trying new foods is something I NEVER do-no lobster, crab, shrimp NOTHING!

Texting with a tweener
Me-I am eating at a place with gator tail, we ordered some
BF-Eat some for me
Me-I tried some just for you
BF-Was it good or rubbery
Me-Actually good, like a light chicken nugget
BF-I want to be there!
Me-I know, I had chocolate lava cake to!
BF- Not fair I want gator!
Me-Cake was better
BF-Can you get me a gator head?
Me-With my bare hands?
BF-You can buy it in some gift shops

Gator heads?? South Dakota here I come!

3 comments:

carey said...

i always think that going away makes everyone appreciate everyone a little bit more. i hope your hubby has the house nice and clean and all the laundry done :)

cherk said...

The house was clean-but of course this morning it is a mess, I am wondering if that is ME??

Karen said...

:-)

I would rather have chocolate lava cake than a gator...