Saturday, May 17, 2008

FIRST baseball game






FIRST baseball game of the season (AND opening ceremony, AND team pictures)


These things were good:


-Blotchy sunburn (missed some spots on myself)-will turn into a nice golden brown color

-Q made it through the day-exhausted now in our bed watching Star Wars

-Grilled Brat-yummy

-Listening to Q and friend make summer plans and quiz each other on snakes and ocean creatures


These things were even better:

Taking photos of the team-I think I have found my niche and inspiration to get me through the season. I am a closet photographer-not near professional level- but love to to toy around with it. It satisfies my need to make art-which I don't TAKE time to do-and give me instant gratification at the same time. So as I am looking through pics-many of them not even my kid I get a brain fart. I am going to make a photo DVD with music etc and fun candid photos to give each kid at the end of the season. I have this one photo that I LOVE but not my kid so can't send it:<


Someone rescue me from the cult come June 20:)


The flowers are for Bobbi-in case she looks in once and awhile. They were from my classes field trip to the local greenhouse. If you click on the pics they open in a big window-I amazed myself:)

5 comments:

Chris said...

Cher, you are really good! YOu really have an eye for the perfect shot. Maybe someday, this maybe more than a hobby?

Chris said...

PS: You ready to play with me soon??:)

carey said...

cher, you really do have an eye for photography. my friend deann WAS just a "hobby" photographer until another friend urged her to try her hand at being more than that. now she's got a thriving business!

as for the baseball dvd, what an awesome idea. there is a hockey mom that does it and i appreciate her more than words can say. people like you save the day for loser moms like us who never take a single picture.

Karen said...

Yeah for the loser moms!!!!

Oh, I mean, great pictures, Cher!!!

bobbione8y said...

wow Cher! i immediately was drawn to the flower pics, scrolled right down to them :)))) you are right, you have a gift in this area! i am jealous. i want to be able to shoot good pics, but for some reason i never can. i think it's the camera :)))

ha. anyway, keep shooting...and showing us :)