Friday, May 30, 2008

2007-08 Comes to a close

Ahhh finally I can post that our school year has come to a close. Overall it was a great year. There have been some interesting highlights and having both kiddos in school and the differences between them in the academic arena is always interesting. Too much to write so here is my top 10.

10. A-man had a better year then 2nd grade and after the usual slow start got into the groove and hardly complained.

9. Relearning my multiplication facts as A learned them, embarrassed to say there were some I actually had to take a minute and think about.

8. A teaching Q multiplication facts-I think he learned them best of all of us. I especially enjoyed when both boys would throw one at me like what is 1,000 x 100-my answer "go ask your dad"

7. Q's Chicka Chicka boom boom play. He goes to the micophone and blasts the whole audience and knocks the microphone out of the stand.

6. The world of girls-Q's scrapbook actually had two pages from a girl named Victoria (the one we spent forever buying a b-day gift for). "A" thankfully outgrew kissing girls but still gets that gleam when talking about a certain few.

5. A's report card was all proficient and advanced in geometry-he was on the moon with that

4. Q's report card-All advanced except money and time concepts. When hubby and I looked at it, hubby's comment was "well we now we know he did inherit something from you"

3. Q' crying the night before the last day of kindergarten, he was sad about being done with school-I had to work hard not to laugh. Sadness is just not a familiar emotion about the last day of school I was used to in our house.

2. I knocked another year of masters classes under my belt and will begin interniship for my adminstrators degree in the fall and graduate in spring or summer (that is a whole other blog entry for another time).

1. The joy of watching each boy grow, stretch and learn from both the good and bad in an area of their life I have no control over, and my own learning and stretching to celebrate their small steps and big strides.

2 comments:

carey said...

wahoo. now time to put on swimsuits for the next 90 days and enjoy summer vacation.

Karen said...

Yippee! You (and your boys) have survived another year! I was shocked to read that the kissing phase is over (for now). I thought that was going to be your permanent affliction. :-)

Happy Summer!!