Thursday, April 10, 2008

Home sick

I am home sick today with a cold or the start of one. I have learned over the years if I catch it early and rest and stop going a gazillion miles an hour then I can save myself suffering later. Staying home sick is like a love/hate relationship for me. I secretly enjoy laying in bed or on the couch sleeping or watching mindless TV on TLC. This is my first time home sick with the new world of blogs so I am spending way too much of my time reading tons of past posts. The hate comes from my internal guilt-if I am well enough to be up on the computer I should work on my homework (I tried-got a whole two paragraphs written with more backspacing of words and sentences then actual writing), AND if I am well enough to do homework on the couch I should have gotten dressed this morning and went to work.

I also secretly enjoy having the WHOLE HOUSE TO MYSELF which today I actually don't. Youngest Son-The Mighty Q had the school nurse call HOME around 10:00 to say he had a stomach ache AND he wanted to keep me company. I could hear the nurse in the background laughing her a&* off. I on the other hand here was not lauging, but after talking to his little sweet voice went and picked him up. Call me soft or a bad mom but the second best thing to having a house to myself is having it alone with just one son so I will get over it.

I did make a fierce avocado, bacon and tomato wrap that was yummy, always good to know I am not to sick to eat:)

Now take a shower or nap on the couch with kids movie I have seen a million times on??

3 comments:

carey said...

it's good to know that your kids love you so much, they can't bear to think of you at home ALL ALONE with no one else around. what a sweetie, though.

you deserve a day off. kill the guilt and enjoy your nap. if you're lucky, maybe tomorrow will be a snow day...:)

Chris said...

Yeah, no guilt required! It's prevention, enjoy your day!

Karen said...

I know nothing I say here will ultimately change who you are (which is why you feel the way you feel), but I do hope that you can come to terms with the fact that you have earned down-time and should be able to take it, guilt-free, when needed.

That glass of Merlot will go a long way towards helping. :-)