Sunday, April 6, 2008

Conspiracy Theory





Sometimes in our household there are 3 types of days we have with the two ragamuffins:


First kind- The two boys in my house get along great-play together, share, nice words and somewhat quiet. This make makes a mom glow


Second kind-Hate each other, fight, want a new family or at least a new brother. This kind makes a mom and dad wonder why did we procreate and can we return them


Third kind-Boys get along but it is rowdy ALL day, roughhousing is the ONLY activity of choice and listening to mom and dad are out of the question, someone gets hurt or rude words are said. This day always seems to happen when we have tons of household stuff on our plate so I know they are begging for attention. THIS day leaves us between our last nerve snapping and laughing.




So when the last nerve snapped after TOO many chances boys are sent to bed with tantrums that would make Super Nanny Jo's camera crew drool when suddenly QUIET and WHISPERING. Next footsteps down the hall. Puffy eyes, blotchy faces, little boy bodies in super hero underwear come out to apologize-and we the evil parents send them back to bed with more crying. The consequence was painful for all involved but good for a laugh. The funniest part is the conspiring against us and coming out as a united front.


I think hubby and I are in trouble:)


3 comments:

carey said...

i think it's awesome when two little brothers conspire together. just wait a few more years...i imagine the conspiracy theories will get really juicy then.

Karen said...

I swear I commented on this already. Must be the drugs. I think what I said was that conspiring now will develop some valuable communication and compromising skills for the future. I think. :-)

cherk said...

Karen-I think you did to, must be a common theme in my house.