Friday, April 18, 2008

Another birthday





I am sitting here with a miserable cold I have had for a week and not looking forward to a busy weekend. Today is Q's 6th birthday so to be fair I will share a story and pics about the momentous day.

As previously written A's birth was LONG and NOT easy. So Q's could only be better-it was.

That morning I wake up not knowing what a real natural contraction felt like so walked around with some pains most of the morning and when I started timing they were pretty close together, BUT relying on my previous PAIN level they were nothing so I ignored them.

Long story short I ignore them a pretty long time before we go to the hospital. We meet my ever faithful soul sister Suree and the nurse checks to see how far we are. I am anticipating a small number 2 or 3 when the nurse says 8. Lot of cheers and excitement-I have not even broken a sweat. Water breaks a few pushes and Q comes flying out-I was determined to not have my second one get "stuck" like the first one.

I look at him and the first thought was-He looks nothing like Alec and looks just like Shane!

When he was brought to me all nice and washed I took his hat off and his hair was black and stood straight up, the most beautiful soft hair I had ever touched.


He has evolved into my energetic child yet introverted and deep thinker-keeping his thoughts to himself and always logical. Loves the color blue and is a true child of the water. Running sometimes quietly and other times rushing, crashing into everything. Though not sensitive like me or A, he is my "mama's boy" and will tell me I am beautiful when I wear a new shirt. He will sit and color with me and even inherited my artistic side.


And so the differences continue between the two (out of 3) most cherished people in my life. They can make me laugh smile, cry, paralyze in fear, rant and most of all love and hope,and know that I brought something valuable to the world.


And you know what, I can still not get that kid's hair to lay down flat in the back:)


2 comments:

Chris said...

Happy B-day Q! Great story. You really have the luckiest boys to have you as their mom.

carey said...

ah, i love to hear my friends share their mom stories. i can FEEL how much you love your kids just through your words.