Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Time suckers

I was occupying myself at the archery place while Big Fry practiced with texting my friend Karen. She requested that I teach her how to shoot and arrow. I promplty told her I had no idea how to do that. I was truly a spectator with this boy adventure. I believe I had explained to here that it would be ONE MORE THING I would feel compelled to do. See I have many many things I feel compelled to do either A) because I enjoy it or B) because I have to. So I really feel like one more thing for me to try and excel at may just tip me over. Secretly though I do eye the cool black bow with pink accents, I am really all about the style and color, and would learn to shoot just to own a glittery girl bow.
I recollect these words were made before I put myself on the waiting list for Pinterest and then was accepted.
I have a new time sucker. And what a time sucker it is. It ranks right up there with my Bejeweled game as relaxing. It drives me crazy that I should be reading the latest leadership book, or the latest parenting book, or the latest book of any kind, but I choose to grab my IPAD and pin, and repin about myself.
Really-does anyone read it? Do people really care? Do I look at my "followers" pins? For you followers I do. Should it really be called stalking and following? Are the pins me in a nutshell?
I am sure there is a happy balance, it will come to me.

I better find the balance and soon before my children ground me.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Yeah, I'm trying to pin things that I already like, or have read, or have. My fear is that Pinterest is just another way of making me feel dissatisfied with my life, and my stuff, and my self.

cherk said...

Hmmm I had never thought of it that way. I look at people's "stuff" and it gives a a visual window into them. Even if they don't HAVE those things or DO those things it is still something we share with others that brings us closer together.
A thought... quality over quantity of pinning.

bobbione8y said...

ha ha ha ha ha.

oh, take it from an old-timer who's been pinning for a year now, you lose a TON of time.

i love it. i could care less who's following me. i like pretty, and i like pinning pretty. i find i refer back. i think it's like my 5th grade diary, only prettier :))

i also feel pretty sure i warned you :)

i agree cher, pinterest is not a comparison thing for me. i more identify with things i find beautiful or useful or good in some way. i feel a kindred spirit with those that pin things i like, i guess.

i am pretty picky about what i pin :)