Monday, October 11, 2010

Where is the time going?




I haven't been posting much but please know I am checking in on all you and your daily lives faithfully. We have been keeping busy here, so busy I really don't have much to write outside of the daily grind that becomes our lives when school starts. Big Fry is mostly enjoying middle school, is holding his own with all A's and B's and best of all 4th chair for the upcoming orchestra concert. The kid didn't even know (yep that is how aware he is of status like things). A neighbor mom informed me. I told big fry how awesome that was-he shrugged. I said it is like getting 4th place in something. He replied, "Yeah but not as big of a deal as BMX though, that is wayyyy better." Than he cried because my mom and dad are living in AZ have yet to see him play. Since my parents moved the relationship has just not been the same-that's a whole other post. So I emailed and begged and offered to pay for a ticket so someone could come.




Small fry is enjoying school, his favorite new show to watch with dad is Swamp People. Now if you would like your IQ to go down a little each time you watch a show this would be the one. Kind of like Deliverance meets the bayou. Which is why I am able to type to all of you right now, I can hear the lilting accent of the bayou people on the tv downstairs along with the hissing of crocodiles.




Today I enjoyed a fun mom day with Suree. It was our second attempt to make it out to the pumpkin patch which was closed again. So we went bowling, now that was exciting to watch-my first time in like 10 years. I think all four kids beat the adults easily. Think it was the lane bumpers that may have helped. We ended the day enjoying some fun in the leaves. It is good to have a happy day!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love this post! I love Fun Mom Day! I ALWAYS use the bumpers, and the kids STILL beat me!

I know how you feel about the distance with your parents. I hope at least one of them can come.

cherk said...

Karen-my mom is coming! She bought a ticket that very day. She sounds excited. I need to remind myself this separation isn't easy for her either. Think it is the only child syndrome:) by the way thanks for commenting, I was feeling a little lonely over here!