Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Secret smile

Small fry was given a new mp3 player and we spent the other night downloading new music to it. I say new, meaning new to him. He quickly and strongly exclaimed that I needed to delete all the "kids" songs. Goodbye Jonas Brothers (thank goodness), Kidz Bop, and the Chipmunks. We went through my library together and had a blast. He now has an mp3 player full of Tom Petty, ABBA, and Pink. I know his liking in"my" taste in music won't last too long (Big Fry is a prime example), but for a little while I will have a secret smile. Watching him bop around singing "Amercian Girl" as loud as he can, especially when he thinks know one is watching makes my day. Especially when he is just in his underwear Ever do that? Sing as loud as you can when no one is watching? I do all the time, it is liberating, try it.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I remember the days when we all listened to the same music! Enjoy it, and enjoy the dancing! (THAT still happens here).