Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Detours

It is almost time to officially say good bye to summer. Besides the hubby not being home hardly at all, this summer was a blast. I can say I truly I didn't get one thing done I planned, not the weight loss, not the house projects, not nearly the amount of reading or working on homework with big fry as I should have. It can best be described as a detour. Instead of making lists I did the best of truly playing in the hear and now, going to the lake AFTER lunch, taking road trips on the spur of the moment and putting many, many obligations aside. With that being said, I can feel myself moving into school mode. I went out with some principal friends for the evening, it was fun and I have missed the conversation and friendship, it is a special bond. I am looking forward to the school year and moving forward in big ideas and visions, hugs from kids, talking to parents, collaborating with teachers, and helping a learning community grow. I can't imagine a different job and how much I love it. I am excited to hopefully make a difference.

5 comments:

Karen said...

How can you NOT make a difference with an attitude like that? You're going to rock.

carey said...

oh, i love this post. i wish i could see you in action. enjoy your last week "off" and maybe squeeze in one more detour along the way :)

cherk said...

You guys are awesome. Wow I taped this AFTER my night out with coworkers, and yes I do know the correct form of "here" good grief! Karen can put that on her "how stupid people spell" list.
Carey-One more detour coming up-Angustora with Shane's coworkers group camping on one beach and mine camping on the other side of the lake. Heading out with sangria and smores!

cherk said...

and now that should have typed instead of taped!!

bobbione8y said...

yay! here's to a life that makes a few detours along the way!

i have alot to learn from a post like this :)