Monday, August 2, 2010

2 things




First, big fry went away to his first ever overnight camp and won't be home until Friday night. He was nervous and skeptical. By the time I left he had a pop and a friend and they were exchanging boy conversation that I won't share. I think he will be fine. As for here at home, it is only the first day and it was quiet. And a little lonely.

Second, I was on facebook-stalking people I recognize- if their security allows it. I found a person from high school who had pictures of her artwork, I didn't even know she was an artist. I never had her in any art class in high school, and I took all of them. They were beautiful, daring, and emotional.It was a weird concidence, after having met the cool art girl with Karen, I happened on another artsy person. Small Fry's coach lives with a woman and I went to their house. SHE was an artist, it was all over the house, daring cool, out there art. I am a little jealous (I know a very bad emotion). I miss art, real art. Not the photography I do because it is instant and fits into a busy life. Or the domestic decorating. But cool art-painting and drawing, collage, pottery-all of it. I miss the creativity it brings and worry that I have lost the spark and when the time comes (when I have the time/space) I won't be any good at it. Sigh

6 comments:

Karen said...

Okay, seriously. I could have sworn that I commented on this two days ago! I'm losing my mind.

I think what I had said was that your fear of 'losing it' is natural. That one gets me all the time. I would be willing to bet that when you do get back to all those fun mediums, your art will have grown and changed along with you. I would guess that it's all part of the journey. In the meantime, I really enjoy the art you're making now!

carey said...

can you share who the girl was from high school? i am curious. but i know for a fact it wasn't me :)

Karen said...

Or me.

bobbione8y said...

you guys went to high school with georgia o'keefe?

wow!




:)

cherk said...

Bobbi-ha ha! Now wouldn't that have been cool

cherk said...

oh bobbi you are funny, that would have been awesome though!