Sunday, November 1, 2009

My new career


My hubby berates me for searching for information on the internet-especially anything medical, after this weekend I proved that a little research is a good thing. Spike the bearded dragon has not appeared to be himself for few days-hiding, not eating and ummm not going to the bathroom. This occurred to me when I was in oldest's bedroom and didn't smell anything-I realized I hadn't for awhile. Like any good obsessive person I googled bearded dragon health, which is all very interesting by the way. I had a hunch that Spike was having a little problem with digestion and implemented some of the self help ideas. Needless to say our beardy is now happy and very active. Oldest son now understands the connection of feeding him greens DAILY and not grumbling when we ask about it-well hopefully. "A" declared me the new reptile veterinarian of the household.

4 comments:

carey said...

you kill me. i can't believe you figured this out. if i didn't smell dragon poop, i'd chalk it up to a happy blessing and go on my way.

cherk said...

Once I saw the complication was possibly fatal I had to act!

Chris said...

Good for you, you rock! I would not have thought of the internet and racked up a costly Vet bill!

bobbione8y said...

oh gosh. my friend kirsten lost a beardie this summer due to a blocked something or other. glad you came to the rescue!