Tuesday, November 10, 2009

15 and counting

Today is our anniversary-wedding that is. 15 years ago I married the only guy who ever asked me for my phone number (seriously). Who met me when I swore off men completely and vowed to make it on my own (that was when I took care of all my own finances-seriously I did).
I married the man who lied like crazy when he said I didn't look that bad pregnant but yet called me butterball at Thanksgiving time.
I married the man who bought me flowers today after 3 or 4 years of boycotting them (he thinks them frivolous and a waste of money)
I married the man who now finishes my thoughts and I finish his-today the flowers came I joked with the flower guy and said "Gee I wonder who these are from", and then opened the card and it said "Your husband of course"
I married a man who supports me in every way in my busiest times, ugly times, dark times and everyday times (we know those are the ones that count)
I married a man who when I emailed him about my new career offer he emailed me back with this
"I am in awe of you"
What more can I say...

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

aw :) congrats! may the "and counting" go on and on and on :)

Karen said...

I love the flower story!!!!! Tell Shane that he is THE GOODS. I love you, Cher, and I'm so glad you got on the back of that crazy motorcycle.

Chris said...

awesome